11.9.15

Interview FOTD

Over the past few months I have been going to a lot of placement and job interviews, so I thought I'd do this quick post showing how I like to style my make up for a more sophisticated and natural look. If you are interested in seeing what I have used to create this look, carry on reading.


Face
Foundation- NARS All Day Luminous Silk Foundation: I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation, some days I love it and it looks flawless, and others I just cant wait to remove it. I found it so difficult to find the best brush to use with this, however, I've finally realised that a stippling brush is best. I don't think I will be repurchasing this, however, for people who have good skin and don't need to wear as much foundation this would be perfect for you. Let me know any good foundations you recommend for combination oily but extremely sensitive skin. 
Powder- Rimmel Clear Complexion in Transparent
BronzerMACs mineralise skin finish natural in 'Medium Deep': I am IN LOVE with this bronzer, it is the perfect shade for my skin tone, it seems orangey from the first glance, but on the skin it make you look naturally sun kissed. You definitely need to be light handed when using this product, as I feel like it can be quite hard to blend at times, other than that I would most certainly recommend this product. 
Contour- Sleek Contour Kit in medium: I always have to slightly contour my face, mainly around my forehead and cheek bones as it gives more definition to the face and just make me look more defined. I already have prominent cheek bones, but using this just makes them pop.
HighlighterMAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. 

Eyes
Mascara- Rimmel Scandaleyes XXTREME

Eyebrows
Pencil- Maybelline Master brow in Soft Brown
Mascara- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in clear

Lips
LipstickMAC lipstick in Faux: I am in love with this lipstick, it is the lightest MAC shade I own but I think it looks amazing on my skin, especially blended with the spice lipliner. As its a satin finish it leaves a nice sheen to the lips, yet it is so pigmented and lasts on the lips for ages. I would definitely recommend this lipstick. Just remember, how this lipstick looks on me will be different to how it may look on other skin and lip tones. 

Brushes
The only brushes I use are Real Technique brushes, I own almost every brush they have in the core collection.

I thought I would straighten my hair for this look as it makes my hair look and feel longer, I also feel like I look more mature when I have straight but not super straight hair.

I hope everyone enjoyed the post, let me know what you think of any of these products and if you would recommend any other products to replace these.


xo Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment