2.1.15

My Obsession: Makeup

My current obsession is makeup. I am loving buying new products to try out for both day time and night time looks. I have recently realised that it is definitely worth splurging more on products as they last longer on the skin and are of a much better quality. I would much rather spend a large amount of money every few months than little and often on drug store products. I will still be using a lot of drug store products mainly for my eye make up, however, for my face I intend on trying to only use higher quality products. I know that this will be expensive, but wearing makeup makes me feel more confident, and if buying and wearing more expensive makeup is going to make me happy, I am going to buy it.
Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick £15.50
Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 - £37
Mac Studio Finish Concealer - £15.50
Mac Pro Longwear Concealer - £17 
Benefit Gimme Brow - £17.50
Benefit Hoola Bronzer - £23
Nars Sheer Glow - £31
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow - £15

There is so much hype about the Naked Palettes and I have wanted one for years, I have just never justified paying £37 on a product that I wouldn't use that much. Recently I am loving eye shadow and playing around with different looks and styles. This palette is perfect for this. I can use if for so many different looks, some more dramatic than others. If I enjoy this palette, I am going to purchase the naked palette 1 and 3! 

I never wear that much concealer, I usually use collection 2000 for highlighting. However, I think it is time to branch out and use one that actually works. I have decided that I am going to use the pro longwear to cover redness and spots and the studio fix for highlighting, but if the products work better the other way around, I will just switch up my routine. 

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow has been hyped about so much, I am so excited to try it! Used with the correct brush it gives the most perfect defined brow and if you know me you will know how much I love my eye brows! Paired with the Benefit Gimme Brow it will hopefully be the perfect combination and will give me the defined eyebrows that you can't get from drug store products. 

Would you recommended any other products to try?

xo Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Mac studio finish concealer is my favourite, it covers everything and lasts all day! Sheer glow and Dip brow are also amazing, couldn't live without my brows being done now haha x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you lovely, I will definitely be making a purchase. I am obsessed with my brows as well!

      Delete