16.12.14

Face of the day

I have never post anything like this so I thought I would switch it up a bit. I never used to be one for wearing make up, I used to wear it to feel comfortable, not because I wanted to. Recently, I have been loving wearing make up and switching up my routine. I know a lot of people don't like a heavy look both day time and night time, however, I have realised how much I love heavy contouring and highlighting for both a day time and night time look. However, I do still tend to opt for the more natural look most days as it is easier and quicker to do when going to university or work.
Primer - Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear in Desert Beige
Powder - Rimmel Clear Complexion 
Concealer - Collection 2000 (for highlighting) and Rimmel wake me up
Contour - Bourjois Bronzing Primer with Sleeks Face Forum Contouring and Blush Palette in medium
Highlighter - Sleeks Face Forum Contouring and Blush Palette in medium and Sleeks Contour Kit in light
Eyebrows - Rimmel Brow this way sculpting kit, professional eyebrow pencil and brow this way styling gel
Mascara - Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
Lipstick - Brave by MAC


There might seem like there are a lot of products that I use just for a day time look, however, it is the simplest routine that I have, I only ever apply my make up with make up brushes and at the moment I am loving the real technique face brushes! The expert face brush is the most perfect brush for applying my foundation. As the Estee Lauder foundation is a thick consistency this bursh really helps even out the foundation, blending it into my skin perfectly. It gives the 'flawless' look. I have tried this foundation the stippling brush, however, I feel the expert face brush is a better brush to use.  

Contouring is my favourite part of my make up routine as it helps to give my face more definition. I am a huge fan of the bronzed look and I tend to style my contouring on Kim Kardashian. I have always wanted to try Chanels tan de soleil, so when I knew Bourjois had a dupe I just had to get it and I love it. It is one of my all time favourite make up products, It leaves such a glow to the face and is really easy to blend. It doesn't leave any streaks or dark marks. 

Eyebrows are another major part of my routine. This is probably what takes me the most time. I am a huge fan of eyebrows and think peoples eyebrows say a lot about them. I love the arched look, with a bit of thickness to it. As I already have naturally thick eyebrows, I tend to only define what I already have, making my eyebrows look a lot more natural.

Over Christmas I tend to buy more make up products to switch up my routine a bit more. The main product on my list is a highlighter from MAC! I just can not wait to purchase it.

What do you think about my everyday routine and would you recommend any products that I should try out?

xo Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment