24.10.14

Make-up Haul

So recently, I have been loving trying out new make-up as I am trying to find all my new everyday favourites. My skin has had a dramatic change over the past year so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself to some new products. I personally feel make-up can make you feel 100x better about your appearance, so I feel like the odd splurge every once in a while is needed.  

For years now I have been interested in make-up, but it is only throughout the past few months that I have gone from a natural every day look which I would wear both during the day and evening to a more of a dramatic look. Basically, I have started to make more of an effort with my appearance. 

Below are some of the purchases that I have made over the past month. The majority of these products are drug store products, however, over the next few months I am going to slowly purchase the majority of the higher end products. 

Estee Lauder Double Wear, £29.50 - This was my most expensive purchase of this month, however I do not regret anything. I have it in the shade desert rose and it is a perfect match. This foundation is amazing for oily skin, as it soaks up all of the oil and leaves a glowing matte finish. I wore this for the first time on a night out and it lasted all night without any signs of wear, that is when I knew it would be the perfect foundation for me. I don't think I'm going to have it as my everyday foundation because of the price, however I feel like no other foundation can compare to this. If you are interested in this foundation but the price isn't for you, I would say MAC's studio fix fluid is a good alternative.  If you have this foundation leave a comment on your opinion of it!

Sleek Contour Kit, £9.99 - I absolutely love this, it is one of my favourite purchases of this month, The contour colour is perfect, it is a dark brown with no shimmer in it at all. As I am very pale, usually this would be very dark on my skin, however, I use a very light hand when applying it, which just outlines my cheek bones perfectly. The highlight colours are also perfect. I tend to use the lighter one for my eyebrow bone and along my nose, and the darker one on my cheek bones. If you are into more of a pink toned highlight then there are two other shades available. 

Bourjois Bronzing Primer, £9.99 - This bronzing primer is another favourite purchase, it is a dupe to Chanel bronze universal. The best thing about this product is it can be used two ways both as a bronzer underneath the foundation and as a contour. I have only used it as a contour and it leaves such a healthy glow to the face. I tend to use this first once I've applied my foundation and powder and then set it with the sleek contour kit. It might seem like I am adding lot of colour to make face, however, I use a stippling brush when applying it so it blends in perfectly with the foundation. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody who is obsessed with contouring like I am. 

MAC lipstick in Brave, £15.00 - Brave is the most perfect my lip but better. If anyone wants to see what it looks like on just let me know. I love this colour as I can wear it both daytime and night time. It is just that timeless shade that goes with everything. It also doesn't wash me out, I feel like it gives some colour to my complexion. I would definitely recommend this to anybody who has pale skin and dark brunette hair. 

Real Technique Brushes, 1)Core Collection, £21.99 2)Expert Face Brush,  £9.99 3)Stippling Brush, £11.99 - I'm not going to go into too much detail about these brushes as I am going to do a review on them, however, I can honestly say they are the best brushes that I have ever used. I don't use all of them as they are supposed to be used but the way I do use them work perfectly for me. I am very happy that I took the splurge and finally purchased all the ones I have been lusting after. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, £5.99 
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, £2.99 
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Soft Brown, £2.99
Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel, £3.99
Rimmel Brow This Way Eyebrow Kit, £3.99
Collection 2000 Concealer, £2.99
Rimmel Wake me up Concealer, £5.49

I am in love with all of my purchases. If anybody is interested in any of the other product leave a comment below and I will tell you my opinions on how I found them. I hope you all enjoyed the haul and keep an eye out for the Real Technique review.

xo Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment