20.10.14

MAC Foundation Review

Recently, I've become very obsessed with make-up again. So I thought it would be a good idea to ditch the L'Oreal True Match foundation and go back to MAC. I have been umming and arring about purchasing a high end foundation, but after testing both MAC's studio sculpt foundation, and studio fix fluid I don't think I will ever purchase a drug store foundation again. 
MAC Studio Fix Fluid - £21.50
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation - £25.00

Studio Fix Fluid is a natural matte finish, which is a medium to high coverage. The build-able coverage is perfect for me, as during the day I like a very natural and minimalistic look. However, during the evening or if I am going on a night out, I like more of a heavy layer of foundation, so I have more of a 'flawless' finish. Even though the foundation is oil free and is more matte, it still gives of a natural dewy finish that makes the skin look really healthy and glowing. Overall I would say this is a favourite of mine. The only downside to this foundation is the colouring. As I have very pale skin the NW13 is slightly too light for me, however, the NW15 is more orange toned and makes me look that little bit too dark. If anyone else has this problem, I'd love to hear about which way you went?

Studio Sculpt foundation is very similar, however, instead of being a liquid it is a gel based foundation. This is also a medium to high coverage, however, this is leaves more of a satin finish to the skin. The thing I love about this foundation is even though it is a gel foundation, it blends into the skin really easily. What makes this foundation better than the studio fix fluid is it doesn't dry out your skin, the creamy texture of the foundation adds moisture to the skin. The one downside to this foundation is it makes my face shiny quite quickly very quickly, the foundation tends to slide off the skin so it does require touch ups of powder every once in a while. Once again the downside is the colour. Studio Sculpt doesn't have much range so the lightest is NW15, once again this is too dark for me and as it is of a thicker consistency its difficult to match my face to my neck. 

Overall I would say that both foundations do an amazing job and I would recommend both of these foundations to anyone. I'd love to hear about your favourite foundations both drug store and high end. 


xo Sophie




No comments:

Post a Comment