25.2.16

Mac Lipstick Collection


Mac lipsticks are my weakness - if I am ever in Mac, I will most likely come out with a new lipstick or liner. I am slowly trying to build my Mac lipstick collection, in the space of a year I have collected 9 lipsticks, that's nearly a new lipstick every month! Mac have the best colour range and I fall in love with a new shade every time I enter the store - I am currently obsessing over brown/neutral shades, my next purchasing being either 'stone' or 'persistence'. 

I thought I would share my collection as it isn't a huge collection, however, the shades I have are extremely popular shades that other people might be interested in. If you we're already aware, Mac lipsticks are £15.50 each and come in a variety of different finishes - matte, satin, cream sheen, amplified and frosted (sorry if I missed any out).

My favourite finish is a matte finish! The matte finish is extremely pigmented and lasts on the lips for hours - yes they can be a tad drying - but I always moisturise my lips before putting on any lipstick which keeps the lips soft and healthy looking for longer. I am also a huge fan of the satin finishes. Once again the colours are extremely pigmented, however, they are more creamy and more satin like - just as the name states.
Left to right: Whirl, Taupe, Brave, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Yash, Faux, Viva Glam 2
Left to right: Whirl, Taupe, Brave, Velvet Teddy
Left to right: Brave, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Yash
Left to right: Kinda Sexy, Yash, Faux, Viva Glam 2

Once I have collected all the nude shades I am lusting over I think I'm going to branch out and purchase some reds - what shades would you recommend? I am into more of a deep / true red - rather than a red with an orange under tone.

I hope you liked this post, let me know what you think about these shades and just Mac lipsticks in general.

xo Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment