10.1.16

Updated Make up Routine

Recently, I have definitely re-discovered my love for make up, I forgot how different you can feel when you wear it. I've definitely been going through a dark patch in my life, so I have made it my New Years resolution to change my style, try to wear make up as often as I can, and to generally just make more of an effort with my appearance. What better way to bring in the New Year than by sharing with you my updated everyday make up routine.



For the base, I have finally gone back to my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear, I can't believe I've gone almost a year without using it. The coverage is amazing, depending on what brush you use and how you apply the foundation you can achieve a medium-high coverage. I am just obsessed with this foundation, I don't think I will ever find another foundation that compares to this. 

Not that you can really tell on the image above, but I am loving a slight contoured look, I tend to use my MAC mineralise skin finish, my bourjois cream bronzing primer and my sleek contour kit to contour and to highlight it varies from my MAC pro long wear concealer and my MAC prep and prime in light boost. When it comes to highlighting my cheek bones, I always use my trusty MAC highlight in soft and gentle. The colour pay off from this highlight is incredible, I would definitely recommend this product. 

For eyes, I have been testing out the colours in the make up revolution iconic 2 palette, as I think I am finally going to take the plunge and treat myself to the Naked 2 palette. I am lusting over the Lorac pro palette, but I wont be able to get my hands on that until I go to Florida in June, so I guess the Naked 2 palette will do?! As well for my eyes I have been using the Soap and Glory mascara, which honestly is incredible, it is hands down the best drug store mascara that I have tried so far.

Moving on to the lips, oh my god. My obsession with lipsticks just keeps growing, and in the past year I seem to have gathered around 8 MAC lipsticks and 3 MAC lip liners. My most worn lipstick definitely has to be Velvet Teddy, however, recently YASH is becoming a new favourite of mine. The MAC lipstick wishlist I have keeps expanding by the day, but I think this pay day I am definitely going to treat myself to the new liquid lipstick in 'Lady be good' as well as the lipstick in Taupe and Honey Love. Persistence is also up there with the lipsticks I need in my life, but I think that may be a tad excessive for one month.

I hope you all enjoyed this updated make up routine. Let me know in the comments what products you have been loving recently.

xo Sophie



No comments:

Post a Comment